Richland Center WI Visitor Center
The Visitor Center, located in the rebuilt 1909 passenger depot, provides travel and event information for visitors and residents of Richland County Wisconsin. It serves as the offices of the Richland Chamber and Develoment Alliance and provides meeting space for small groups.
Built in 1909, the depot served the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul passenger line into the 1950's and freight service into the 1980's. In 1998, the city of Richland Center bought the depot from the Department of Transportation for $33,000.
The depot restoration project began in 1996 and was dedicated in October of 2001. Photos of the building restoration as well as the caboose and baggage cart are displayed in the visitor center.
The Visitor Center would like to thank the Brewer Library's Historical Room for the banner photos on our pages and for providing us with a photo display in the depot.
Find us next to the caboose!