Like many businesses all over the world, Montreal companies have long recognized the necessity of having an official website. Of course, your e-commerce website must also be easy to find on the Internet, which is why local SEO services in Montreal are in demand.
But being easy to find in Google is just the first step. You actually need to have a website that people would want to bookmark and visit on a regular basis. You want them not just to buy from you once, but to buy from you on a regular basis.
So how do you get your visitors and buyers to return time and again? Here are some simple tricks that will work wonders in maintaining the loyalty of your audience and clientele:
- Use a responsive design. It’s not enough that your suite looks great. Your site needs to have a layout that works for both the small screen of a smartphone or the bigger monitor of a laptop or PC. It’s virtually a crime to have a website that can’t be accessed properly by either option.
- Make sure your pages load quickly. The longer you take, the more likely it is for that potential visitor or buyer to just abandon the web page. Even a few seconds can count a lot, as modern Internet users are notoriously impatient.
- Don’t use too much text. Use lots of photos instead, and feature some videos as well. While you may have some articles for them to read, most people just don’t have the time or the inclination for reading long articles. Also, huge blocks of texts are just unappealing.
- Have a search option. A search bar can prevent your visitors from feeling frustrated about not finding what they want right away.
- Highlight popular content. You’re probably tracking which blog posts and items are the most popular for your website visitors. Highlight them with their own section so your other viewers can find them more easily.
- Try to feature new content as frequently as you can. In fact, try to feature new content daily, whether you’re offering new blog posts or new stuff to sell. That gives people an incentive to check out your website frequently.
Highlight your new products as well in their own special category. This gives your audience an easy way to see what’s new.
- Always try to be interesting. You don’t want to offer a boring website. For your blog posts, try to anticipate what your audience wants to know about. Offer demonstration videos of your products in action and you can also show how they can maintain these products properly.
- Collect emails. This is a top priority, as email marketing can work wonders for your business. You can offer access to special webpages as a reward, or you can give them a free ebook. An ebook isn’t as hard to create as you may think, as you can just combine a few blog posts to make an ebook.
Once you have their emails, you can then send them personalized messages that will remind them of your business. You can also feature links back to your website so that it’s easy for the recipients to return to your site.
- Reward great reviews and Twitter praises. You can feature them on your testimonials page, and you can also post thank-you messages on the forums where you find people praising your services and products.
- Use a loyalty program. These often involve bonuses that your buyers can enjoy. These can include discounts on future purchases, free gifts, or free shipping of your items. You can also send them advance word on any upcoming products.
Once you have attracted people to visit your site, your job is to keep them interested. So be interesting! Keep your website lively and updated, make sure it’s easy to use, and always keep it secure.